While many gifts to Family Shelter are made in the form of cash or securities, other types of gifts can be made, including the following:
- Bequests: Bequests may provide substantial tax benefits to the donor’s estate.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Assigning a life insurance policy to Family Shelter Service is a practical way of making a significant contribution, whether or not the policy is paid up, partially paid or new. Tax benefits depend on policy status at the time of the gift.
- Lifetime Trusts: Tax benefits depend on the nature of the trust.
- The Gift Annuity: Because part of the annual income is tax-free, this method of making a donation can have exceptional advantages.
- Gifts of Appreciated Property: A charitable income tax deduction is available to the donor under specific guidelines for gifts of appreciated property.
- Legacy of Friends: Help Family Shelter Service build its endowment to plan for future generations.
Family Shelter can also put you in touch with a member of our Planned Giving Council who can help you meet your philanthropic goals. For more information, please contact Robbie MacRoy: email@example.com or 630-221-8290.