Welcome to our family of donors!
By supporting Family Shelter Service, you are providing help and hope to victims of domestic violence and their families. Every dollar you donate helps us to furnish life-changing services to victims and their children and allows them to lead violence-free lives. We appreciate your support!
All gifts to Family Shelter Service are tax-deductible and you may choose from a variety of options detailed below:
- If you wish to make a gift online please click here.
- If you wish to send us a check, please mail it to: Family Shelter Service 605 E. Roosevelt Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
Here are some of the ways your gift can make a difference:
- $50 can help educate community groups about healthy dating relationships.
- $75 can help to provide an hour of counseling to a woman.
- $100 can fund a support group like our art expression group.
- $180 can help a woman obtain a life-saving order of protection against her abuser.
- $250 can fund one job club series which can help a woman revitalize her life by securing employment.
- $500 can provide one week of emergency shelter for a woman in need of a safe place away from her abuser.
- $1,000 can help fund a therapeutic group series like the Mom and Kids program that helps mothers establish healthy interactions with their children.
Join our monthly giving program and you will provide critical support for women and children living in situations of abuse in DuPage County. Regular gifts allow us to plan ahead and to offer the long-term commitment that survivors of domestic abuse need to improve their lives. Just $10 a month can help a woman or child attend an educational support group where they learn about the intricacies of abuse and find support and healing.
Become a valued member of our Circle of Friends
Join our Circle of Friends and provide a gift we can count on to help ensure the continuation of our programs. Make an annual commitment at any of our Circle of Friends levels below:
- Guardians, $10,000 and above
- Advocates, $5,000- $9,999
- Partners, $2,500- $4,999
- Sponsors, $1,000- $2,499
Corporate matching gifts program
Your company may have an exciting opportunity to match your contributions to the organization of your choice. Please contact your Human Resources personnel for more information. For a list of corporations that offer matching gifts, please click here.
Join our Legacy of Friends
Plan today to leave a legacy for tomorrow. Your gift to the Legacy of Friends will enable Family Shelter to continue programs that are important to you. You may include a charitable gift in your will, living trust or estate plan. Gifts can be directed to our endowment fund or to our most pressing need. Please click here to download a planned giving form. For more information, please contact us at 630-221-8290.
Donations of Stock
For information on how to donate stock to Family Shelter Services, please contact Bonnie Wyzgala at 630-221-8290.