Signs can send a powerful message. They can be a warning, a direction, a call to action. And quite often they can help save lives. Even if we don’t know it, even if we don’t see the signs, we all know someone who has been a victim of domestic abuse. So let’s use the signs we see every day to send a message to stop domestic violence.
1) Find a sign – on the road, in a business, at the park, anywhere – then add your own “stop domestic violence” message to the picture! Be fun! Be creative! Check out some of our examples on our Facebook page!
2) Post your sign picture here using the hashtag #signon2stopdv and tag @FamilyShelterService between July 15th and August 15th.
3) If you prefer you can submit your #signon2stopdv picture via email at email@example.com
4) All photos will be reviewed by the contest committee on August 17th and the Top Ten will be selected & notified August 18th!
5) Then you can VOTE for your favorite from 12pm August 19 until 5pm August 24th! The picture with the most votes wins!
One winner will be chosen to receive a $500 Visa Gift Card! All entries will be judged based on creativity, level of inspiration, and effectiveness in communicating the “stop dv” message. Multiple entries are allowed – and encouraged!