The Family Shelter hotline provides a confidential lifeline for someone to gain knowledge, support, and validation regarding the domestic abuse they or a loved one has experienced. A hotline counselor works with each caller’s specific situation and assists in providing options that are unique to that caller. Safety is assessed and addressed to develop a plan that the survivor feels comfortable in carrying out. Not only can callers access linkage to our other services, but receives a compassionate, listening ear to provide the support that they may have not received before from any other source.
- You want to talk about your situation with someone who understands, or
- You want to learn more about services and how to obtain information and help.
- Listen to you
- Determine if Family Shelter programs meet your needs
- Refer you to other programs/services within DuPage County that can be of help
- Provide information about Family Shelter’s programs
- Provide information about safety planning
- Conduct an intake and arrange temporary shelter