Where do I get an OP? 2012-09-24T13:04:16+00:00

If filing in DuPage County, there are four ways to obtain an OP

  1. If you are being represented in a Divorce or Family case, consult your attorney about an OP. He/she may assist you or direct you to the agencies listed below.
  2. If Respondent has been arrested or there is a warrant, contact the State’s Attorneys Office in the Judicial Annex, 2nd floor (phone # 630-407-8000). For more information about how the court handles criminal cases, click here.
  3. Otherwise, you may contact:
    • The Family Shelter Service Court Advocate office, 3rd floor directly in front of the escalator (phone # 630-407-8813).
    • The DuPage County Clerk’s Office, 1st floor (phone # 630-407-8700).
  4. If you choose, you may begin the Order of Protection process on your own by visitingwww.illinoisprotectionorder.org.  This secure website allows you to begin your petition from any safe computer. Help documents included on the website can guide you through the petition process. If you use this option, please do not hesitate to contact the advocacy resources listed above when you arrive at the courthouse. They can provide valuable assistance in the courtroom and connect you with supportive resources.

Petitioning for an OP usually requires coming to the DuPage County Courthouse, located at 505 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187.
***Important Note: No camera phones are allowed in the courthouse.