Each case is unique, and the judge will always have the final decision. However, there are a few factors that the judge will look for:
- Abusive or threatening incident within the past 3 business days or so
- Incidents can include verbal attacks, threats of harm, harassment, stalking, or physical abuse.
- Incidents do NOT need to have been reported to the police
- History of such behaviors that are escalating
- Fear that the abuse would escalate if the Respondent knew you were taking legal action.