Save the Date
Friday, October 25
“Stache Bash” Pre-race Rally
Mullen’s Bar & Grill, Lisle, IL
Join us for “Stache Bash” on Oct. 25 featuring the music of Tres Moustache Band and food and drink specials all evening with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Family Shelter. Prizes will be awarded for the best mustaches — homegrown or manufactured. (And if you absolutely can’t make the 10K/5K you can still come to the Stache Bash.)
NEW DATE: Sunday, October 27
Be a Hero for Hope
Family Shelter Service Annual 10K/5K Walk-Run
Walk/run to benefit Family Shelter Service. Participants who wish can come dressed as their favorite superhero. Your support will help ensure that we can continue to offer service to those in need. With shelter, counseling, advocacy and support programs, our clients can triumph and become the true heroes.
Click here for more details and registration.
Saturday, December 7
Decorate colorful gingerbread creations in support of those children and their mothers who are healing from domestic abuse this holiday season. What a great way to start a new holiday tradition for your family — and take home the perfect centerpiece for your holiday table. You’ll enjoy:
- Breakfast buffet: 9:30 – 11 a.m. (come when you like and stay as long as you want)
- Decorating of gingerbread houses (each guest receives a house to decorate)
- Visits with Santa and Clara Claus
- Musical entertainment, carolling, storytelling and enchanted storybook characters
- Face painting, balloon artist and other holiday surprises
- Each guest who donates a gift card for the women and children in shelter will be entered into a raffle for holiday prizes
Families caring and sharing in the true spirit of the holiday.
Check back for more details and registration.