Family Shelter Service – Junior Board of Directors
Membership on the Junior Board provides an opportunity to develop new skills and broaden your professional and social circles — all while serving a cause that helps people in our own community who have been touched by domestic violence.
Members will help promote the mission of Family Shelter Service through volunteer, social and fundraising activities. You will work to gain awareness and support for the work of Family Shelter Service to young adults and professionals in the community of DuPage County.
Junior Board members will attend regular meetings, work on fundraisers and events and serve as ambassadors to the community. Your experience on the Junior Board will provide leadership development and opportunities to become involved in the Executive Board of Directors.
If you are between the ages of 21 and 35 and are looking to connect with like-minded individuals while getting involved in a cause that affects over 200,000 people in our community, we’d like to hear from you.
Here are our requirements:
- Attend a minimum of five regular meetings and one Executive Board Meeting
- Serve a two-year term on the Junior Board
- Attend a two-hour DV 101 training
- Participate in fundraisers such as The Gala and Be a Hero for Hope 10K/5K
- Contribute to the planning and execution of a Junior Board annual fundraising event
- Serve as an ambassador to Family Shelter Service in the DuPage County community
- Give or Get fundraising goal of $500/year
If interested please contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission of Family Shelter Service
Transforming lives by offering help and hope to those affected by domestic violence.