Race Results available at CARA and Active.com by way of Chicago Athlete:
Online registration closes 7:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 25
Walk up registration available beginning at 6:30 am
on race day.
You can also register during packet pick up, during specified times on:
Friday October 25th from 5-8 pm at Mullen’s Bar and Grill on Warrenville Road in Lisle
Saturday October 26th from 9:30 am – 12 noon at Ultra Foods on 75th St, Downers Grove
Family Shelter Service
Healing from Domestic Abuse
Be a Hero for Hope
Sunday, October 27, 2013 – Start 8:30 a.m.
Check-in begins 6:30 a.m.
Downers Grove North High School
Your support will help ensure that we can continue to offer service to those in need. With shelter, counseling, advocacy and support programs, our clients can triumph and become the true heroes.
Sign up to Run or Walk/ form a team and/or fundraise
You can even show your character by coming dressed as your favorite hero
Unable to participate, but want to make a donation?
Please click here to donate.
For group, or individual volunteer opportunities, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10K Double Loop Run $30
- 5K Run/Walk $25
- CARA Members receive a $2.00 discount
- 1 Mile Competitive Run Ages 8-12 $12.00
- Kid’s Fun Run 8 and under $12.00
- Show your character – Be a Hero for Hope -Dress as your favorite hero.
- All events can be free with a fundraising commitment
- Team discounts available with fundraising commitment
- First 450 participants receive a free tech shirt
Awards: Be eligible to win great prizes.
- Presentation of awards will begin immediately after race
- Kids’ Fun Run and 1 Mile will begin at 7:45 am
- Rally, vendors, music and food available beginning 7 a.m.
Awards will be presented to:
- Age groups for the 10K and 5K races are: Under 14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49,50-54, 55-59, 60-69,70+
- Prizes are awarded to the 1st male and female in each race.
- Medals to the top three finishers, male and female, in each age category of the two races.
- Awards for Individual and Team Fundraising
- Awards for Best Individual Costume
- Awards for Best Team Costumes
- 1 Mile competitive run for ages 8-12
- Race results will be available at www.racetime.info and www.cararuns.org
- The 10K course is USATF #IL-121777-JW
- The 5K course is #IL-07080-JW.
- Everyone will enjoy this race as it travels through the Downers Grove neighborhood. The majority of the course is through the streets with a few hills as you travel through three blocks of bike paths
- Professionally timed by: RACE TIME
- All miles will be accurately marked
- Split times will be given at mile one and two
- Water will be provided at the start, finish and throughout the course
- 5K Walk (non competitive)
- Additional parking on Main Street
Note: For safety reasons, all runners with baby joggers must start behind the other runners. Bikes, skates, and other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs) as well as dogs are prohibited in the race.
This race has agreed to adhere to and uphold CARA’s Best Practices Guidelines. These Guidelines embody the highest standards for quality, safety and comfort for participants in a road race. Due to CARA’s advocacy efforts, runners in the Chicagoland area enjoy some of the highest quality road races in the country. To view the Guidelines and to learn more about CARA, visit www.cararuns.org. The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) is a non-profit organization devoted to expanding, motivating, supporting and celebrating the running community of Chicagoland.
Join Sue from yoga2u for a 45 minute pre-race yoga class on the football field. Mats will be provided. Session begins at 7:15 am
Ian Mathews from Primal Fit Training will be on hand to lead a pre-race stretch/workout. Ian will assist you and answer your training questions.
Games and prizes from Appearance by Page – the DuPage Hounds Mascot
All Proceeds Benefit the Programs and Services of Family Shelter Service, transforming lives by offering help and hope to those affected by domestic violence.
For information, please contact: Karen Walsh 630-221-8290 ext 7110 or email@example.com
Family Shelter Service “Be a Hero for Hope” 10K/5K is a CARA Certified Race.
Premier Community Sponsor: WeatherTech
Sertoma Lawn Club